Skip to main content

What you say?!

Hello my loves! How are y'all doing? I hope that you've been working on yourselves! Practice makes perfect! Well not perfect, let's just say practice helps you get better. Have you ever listened to yourself? I mean really listen to what you say and how you feel after you've said it?  Did you feel accomplished, empowered, or icky? I came across this quote on twitter, "If you really want to understand your secret/silent thoughts,  pay attention to what comes out of your mouth, thought-word-deed is the process." I believe that this quote came from my fav,  Iyanla Vanzant.  This quote caused me to think...if I really want to know my true intentions behind anything that I did,  I needed to pay attention to what came out of my mouth, because what comes out of my mouth is what I've been thinking. Sometimes we (humans) like to think that we are actually kinder and more authentic that what we truly are and this is because we don't experience ourselves. I'm using the term experience to mean that we aren't always on the receiving end of our own communication; we are most of the time communicating with others and not just ourselves. (even though I do talk to myself and I'm pretty sure you have too, lol) Have you ever stopped to think about how you made someone feel? Think about the last time you talked with someone face to face, were they smiling,  frowning,  or looking confused. Our body can sometimes act like a factory; manufacturing actions (deeds). Our hearts come up with an idea for a product, our brain thinks of ways to start production,  and our bodies produce the finished product. Our bodies produce what's in our hearts. If your heart is jealous, hateful, or proud, then your mouth and actions are going to say that,  no matter how you try to cover it...it always shows. Don't think that you're hiding it so well because you don't verbally say what's in your heart, your actions always speak louder.  Take some time to think about what you're doing and why you're doing it. If you want to know what truly lies in your heart,  pay attention to what you say and do. The only way that we can change our lives or situations is by changing ourselves.  The only way for this to work is to be honest with yourself. You are the only person in charge of your growth,  so take the time to grow!  Until next time loves 😙 Live well. Love hard. Laugh harder.

Xoxo,
Shonie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Down...Moving Too Fast

Hey my loves!! I've been super busy lately. Planning parties and schoolin' and such, it's birthday season in my family. All of our birthday's are in June and July so you can imagine all of the running around we do during this time, lol. I missed blogging so I'm back lol!!! I wanted to write about rushing things. I've learned so many lessons about rushing things that need time to grow. Sometimes we put time restraints on things that don't necessarily need them. When I was in high school I already had my life planned out. I said I was going to graduate college in 2012 (which I did), I also said that I was going to be engaged or married by the time I was 24 and have my first child by 26. Well, I'll be 24 in a few days and I'm neither married nor engaged lol. Now it is great to have a plan because you can use that as a guideline to what you want but keep in mind that your teens and twenties and even thirties are years of discovery so things are bound to

You Hurt Me AND You Want To Tell Me How To Feel About It? WTDTA?

You Hurt Me AND You Want To Tell Me How To Feel About It? WTDTA? Hello my loves!! *inserts kissy face emoji* I always miss writing so…I’ve missed you!! I hope all is well in your world and if it isn’t, I pray it gets better. Let me get right to it. Have you ever been disappointed or hurt by someone and then told by the VERY SAME PERSON how to react or respond?? I know I have and I’m pretty sure you have too. Isn’t it irritating? Through observing and talking with other people, I’ve realized that people don’t always get to express their feelings or emotions (in a healthy way of course) because someone else is telling them how to feel. Let me give you all a quick example: I have a friend who was recently hurt by one of her close family members. She discovered that her family member had been deceitful and untrustworthy. She was very disappointed and disturbed by what happened. When she talked to the family member and expressed her hurt, the family member stated that it wasn

First Post Excitement!!

Hey loves!! I woke up one morning and decided to create a blog, lol, Well, it was really the realization that my Facebook posts were a little too long and too deep and random. I felt like I needed to find a different way to express my thoughts,feelings, etc. to the world. Since this is my first post, I 'll introduce myself... I'm La'Shon but my friends and loved ones call me Shonie. I like to think that I'm S assy. H onest. O ptimistic. N urturing. I nspiring.and E mpowering! See? SHONIE! Get it?! A few months ago, I began this journey, a journey of self-discovery. I wanted to get to know myself...really get to know myself. Working in the mental health field has opened my eyes to the reality of brokenness. Many are broken because of so many different factors (factors that I'll discuss in later posts). I decided that I wanted to do all that I could to take care of ME because taking care of yourself first, my friends, is the only way you'll be able to take care o