Skip to main content

First Post Excitement!!

Hey loves!! I woke up one morning and decided to create a blog, lol, Well, it was really the realization that my Facebook posts were a little too long and too deep and random. I felt like I needed to find a different way to express my thoughts,feelings, etc. to the world. Since this is my first post, I 'll introduce myself...
I'm La'Shon but my friends and loved ones call me Shonie. I like to think that I'm Sassy.Honest.Optimistic.Nurturing.Inspiring.and Empowering! See? SHONIE! Get it?! A few months ago, I began this journey, a journey of self-discovery. I wanted to get to know myself...really get to know myself. Working in the mental health field has opened my eyes to the reality of brokenness. Many are broken because of so many different factors (factors that I'll discuss in later posts). I decided that I wanted to do all that I could to take care of ME because taking care of yourself first, my friends, is the only way you'll be able to take care of others. I mean, I'm only 23 years old (I'll be 24 in a few weeks, YAY) and NOW is the best time to begin this type of journey. Because I am constantly looking for inspiration through people and things, I have come across so many different things/people that I want to share!! I figured that writing a blog would be the best way to share everything that I've learned and things that I'm still learning and have yet to learn. I'll be discussing everything from love to fashion to inspiration to lipstick (I love lipstick!). I'm excited about my blog and everyone reading it! I'm happy about my journey and  my hope is to inspire others to begin their own journey of self-discovery. Hope you're ready for the journey loves!! Let's Go!!


Xo,
Shonie

Comments

  1. Congrats on your first blog post!! Looking forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dionne!! I'm still trying to figure things out!! I might need your help! I'll be contacting you soon lol!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want?!

Hey my loves!! How are you?! :-) I hope you're doing well! I wanted to ask you a question,  kinda make you think for a moment.... what do you want? What do you want out of life,  relationships,  love,  yourself,  others? What do you want? Iyanla Vanzant (one of my favorites) wrote,  "Very often,  we only have chaos in our lives because we don't know what we want. By default,  uncertainty attracts uneasiness. " This statement was very powerful to me because it spoke to the uneasiness I was feeling at that present moment.  I did not know what I wanted... out of ANYTHING! I had a clue or an inkling but nothing solid. I needed to figure out what I wanted and make it plain, to myself and others. By me not knowing how to or what to do to figure out exactly what I wanted,  caused so much confusion in my life.  Unnecessary arguments and unnecessary headaches.  I had to take the time to sit down and figure out what I wanted.  Grant...

Birds of a feather

Hello loves!!!! It's been such a long time!! I feel like I haven't blogged in forever!! I have been so busy!! School, work, and practicum this summer kept me very busy! I have to figure out a good time for me to blog and actually do it (time management, I need to work on that lol).   Today I want to talk about your space and the people you allow in it. Over the past few weeks, I've done some reflecting over many different topics and one of them was my space and who I allow in my space. Now, I'm not talking about people I'm around at work or at school, but people who I actually have a choice in whether or not I hang with them. There are people who motivate you and bring out the best in you, there are those who only feed the negative parts in you (yes, we all have some negativeness about ourselves; gossiping, hating, bullying, etc. those parts.), and those that bring nothing out of you...they aren't helping or hurting so there's no growth.  It's very impor...

Major Love, Volume I

Hello my loves!! Today I want to talk about relationships. You know, love/romantic relationships. Aren't they fun?! Um, yeah!! Well, I believe that fun is one of the main requirements. The beginning of a relationship can be tricky. There's so much to learn...so much to feel. *Sigh* Today I wanted to focus on communication. Side note: I believe communication is VITAL, it can mean life OR death for a relationship. Alright, so communication is the key that will set the tone of the relationship. There is a real art to this communicating thing. Most times we don't know how to talk to one another to effectively communicate what we think or how we feel. I found this guideline to be very helpful to help me communicate or talk things out... 1. Only ONE person talks at a time. (No interrupting, can't hear the other person talk if you are) 2. Really listen to the person speaking, when they finish you say, "So, what I'm hearing you say is...". (This lets them know tha...